I have a dream

From: Bo Rosen <brosen_at_lodge.df.lth.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 11:32:08 GMT

=46or want of anything useful to write I thought I'd just share a deep desire I have.=20
Something I've wanted to play for several years is a Civilization - Master of Magic etc type of game with Glorantha as a setting. Players could take the part of various Immortals (Orlanth, Yelm, some Moon Godess or other etc) as they strive for dominance and survival in Glorantha. They would have the power to indirectly influence history as it unfolds from the first turn, which begins as Yelm ascends the sky again for the first time. Their power would ebb and flow with the amount of worship they recieve, the amount of lands their peoples control and the deeds of their Heroes. Through their influence they would gain allies, be able to initiate enormous projects through their faithful (though the results may not be the expected ones) and reward their peoples. Other gods, spirits and powerful beings come under their sway and control as their power grows (players and npcs).

Is this doable?

Cheers,

       Bo