Glorantha Con IV is coming soon

From: David Cheng <dcheng_at_amnh.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:33:25 -0500

I recently received the pre-registration booklet for Glorantha Con IV, coming very soon to Chicago (a bit less than four weeks, in fact). I haven't seen a lot of anticipatory discussion about the con here on the Digest, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to highlight some of the stuff going on.

LOTS OF GUESTS OF HONOR AND NOTE
Look at this lineup!

Greg Stafford     The official Chaosium delegation.  Good chances to pick their
Rob Heinsoo       brains about all the new Gloranthan development going on
these
Eric Rowe         days, with the Stratelibri deal and all.  Viva Italia!

Sandy Petersen Always welcome!

Paul Jaquays Still welcome, even if he does work for TSR these days ;-).

David Hall        The official Reaching Moon Megacorp delegation.  They will be
Nick Brooke       hosting a special "Evening with the Megacorp" event, where
Chris Gidlow      lots of Gloranthan secrets will be divulged.
David Gadbois

David Dunham Running some of his reknowned Pendragon Pass events.

David Cheng Who let this guy in? Anyway, I'll be hosting the Lore Auction

                  (as ususal), a seminar, MoLaD, and some other misc stuff.

SEVERAL GOOD LARPS
Glorantha Con is sponsoring several Live-Action/Interactive Literature events for your enjoyment.

These are the highest-demand events, so please contact Andrew Joelson ASAP if you'd like to sign up. Also, the sooner you register, the sooner you can get a character - this helps with getting familiar with the role, costuming, etc.

SEMINARS
* Prax, a wasted land

OTHER EVENTS
* Live-Action Trollball

OTHER DETAILS
COSTS
Glorantha Con IV has a $40 registration fee. The Broken Council LARP is an additional $10, but this includes the Broken Council Guidebook, which alone is worth the the extra cost. "Shriek with Sandy" is an addtional $10, to help pay his way from Texas. The Miskatonic Archeological Expedition is an additional $5.

LOCATION
Glorantha Con is being held at the Ramada O'Hare hotel. Rooms are $72/night for singles and doubles, $82/night for triples, not counting taxes. Be sure to mention the con when reserving your room. Also be sure to specify the Ramada O'Hare, as there are other Ramada hotels in the Chicago area. Free shuttle service from Chicago O'Hare airport. Call (847) 827-5131 to make reservations.

REGISTRATION
To get the official registration booklet, please contact ASAP:

	Andrew Joelson
	1330 D Gifford Court
	Hanover Park, IL 60103-5227  USA
	(630) 830-3206  [home]
	(847) 632-5921  [work]
	joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  [email]

It is especially important to contact Andrew ASAP if you want to get into one or more of the LARPs, as casting of characters has already begun.

I hope to see lots of you there!

Happy New Year,
* David Cheng

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #40