Yelmalio

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 16:16:20 EST

Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz> antelopes, independance and south peloria

Stephen>>I can just see the trolls there riding their camels, with the trollkin
>>running along behind carrying their goods...NOT!
>
>You are thinking of Koromandol. Bliss in Ignorance has a large human
>population and lies to the South. Even in the days when the trolls
>ruled Bliss in Ignorance, they had little to do with camels IMO.

See the "NOT!" at the end -- that was a joke!

>>>TERARIR: Technically part of the Sylilan Sultanate, this is the
>>> river valley surrounding the city of Jillaro. In ancient
>>>times, the city was known as Nivorah....
>
>A little poetic license ne'er harms, 'tis like claiming that Ancient
Ilium lies >beneath Hissarlik.

Actually, when discussing things on the Digest, we are normally discussing what we believe is either The Truth or A Truth. Poetic license IS a problem, I think, unless it is labelled as such. Otherwise, it becomes sort of like an inside joke -- you'll get it, and maybe someone else will, but most of us won't. I guess my "NOT" may fall into that category as well, since it is a culturalism some readers may not be familiar with.

>>>VANCH: It's not very hot on the Yelmalio
>>>religion as we know that there is no Sun Dome Temple in Vanch or
>>>near the Hills of Gold.
>
> The cult considers the Hill of Gold, near the town of Bikhy
> in Vanch, to be especially sacred for it was there that their
> god was [blah blah blah]. This is a place of pilgrimage and
> HeroQuest, although no temple exists here.

This tells me that there is no Yelmalio Temple AT the HIll of Gold. I don't necessarily read into it that there is none in Vanch itself. Bikhy is not the only town in Vanch, is it?