Issaries RL

From: Philip Hibbs <101621.1264_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Jan 97 19:47:06 EST

Michael Raaterova:
>In GoG and RoC there no longer is a Rune Lord status
>in the cult, and thus the 90% staff attack condition of CoP is void.

I heard somewhere that cults with Rune Lord and Rune Priest ranks are cults which have been amalgamated (presumably by GLs) from two other cults, and the two ranks are remnants of the separate hierarchies. However, it has been suggested that Issaries is very much a GL construct, Tradetalk and Spell Trading are just too good to be true - like the Babel Fish! This suggests to me that Issaries should have both ranks. After all, merchants frequently have to defent themselves from bandits.

phibbs_at_csi.compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |