Laboured Conformity

From: David Hall <100116.2616_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 18:05:36 -0500

Londra of Londros:

Stephen replies:
>Because this record was actually written by a Colymar tribesman,
>only a few years after all of these events. I doubt he would have
>made any mistakes.

Are you so sure?

I quote from KoS: "The Colymar book... is sometimes erratic." "The Colymar book is sometimes attributed to Amstalli the Old...". KoS does not say when he lived, but it does say "he collected these parts... He probably found what came before that as an intact document. He added his wishes to it..."

Let us assume for a moment that you are right (and that Amstalli actually wrote it). Well, then he obviously left out the Bayberry because he felt they were not a proper clan of the Colymar. Perhaps he disliked Londra or her relatives, or his clan had a blood feud with hers. Orlanthi tribesmen are notoriously flighty and bear long grudges.

He *could* even have forgotten them, it is not impossible. He was Amstalli the Old after all, and the old are sometimes forgetful.

All Hail the Forgetful Moon!

David Hall