a new lie

From: SarajaBros_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 06:29:52 -0500

Hi all, Alain Saraja here.

The 21 nov 1996, mr happy asked a very cute question :

>Is the 1st Age Ralian god Humath cognate with the Dragon Pass Umath?
>Both are violent <war-like deities and they have remarkably similar
>names. IMO they are.

It led me to this one :

What happened to Umath ?
According to KoS, Umath was the Old Gods's Champion. He defeated the Pre-dark demons, and made the first Ring. He led the gods in the struggle for freedom but wounded too many times, he turned over the ring of leadership to his sons and...

And then what ?

Umath went outside of is camp to fight once more. There he got seriously wounded, disappeared (captured) from the surface world and fall in the hands (scalpels) of Ikadz. He is longly tortured by this evil god, (surely for his rebellion against the Emperor...) who, by the way get his unending hate. In the process, Umath is stipped of his Air Rune...

But Ikadz, by the suffering bring the redemption and Umath is changed by the process, purified from is brutal deeds.

Then somewhere in the Torturer's dungeon came Eurmal (the Spider's prime agent). He tricked Ikadz and freed Umath...Together they went deeper in the Underworld and discovered Death (and its guardian).

Then they went back on Glorantha, only to find that Orlanth had assumed Umath's Role as King of the Air Gods. Having no more connection with the Severed Air Rune, nor room for himself in this changed world, Umath assumes a new identitie and a new role. He'll be Orlanth's "brother" but will not recognise him as his King and will take upon himself to discover what exactly is the New Power that he founded...

It was perhaps the Spider's Will that a Champion of the Old Gods found Death. But Umath didn't suited because he was too /selfish/brutal/politicaly incorrect/mind oriented...

By the way, we all know about Orlanth's and Urox's mother. What about Humakt's ?

All IMOHO

Comments ?

Alan