Re: The Broken Council

From: Eachlach_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 12:34:49 -0500 (EST)

An open letter to Chaosium and the folks writing the Broken Council:

Did it not occur to *any* of you that, if the LARP was in danger of being cancelled, perhaps notification of all involved *in no uncertain terms* --
"The Broken Council LARP *will* be cancelled unless we get X more people by Y
date" -- and asking for help with a recruiting effort might have been more useful than sitting on your hands waiting? Promotion of such an event should not rest solely in the hands of the convention organizers; they have enough things to worry about already, don't they? How could you commit to running the *feature event* at a convention, and then put off actually finishing it until the month before?!?!

My primary reason --as well as a *lot* of other people's, I would venture -- for attending GloranthaCon was to play Broken Council. Now, if I bother to attend at all, I'll be paying over $200 (entry + airfare + hotel) for the
"privilege" of playing one or two events being made up at the last minute?
The only reason I can think of *not* to boycott GloranthaCon is because I know how much effort Andrew and company have put into it...I'm all too familiar with what it takes to run a successful convention.

If this is the first step in the "Gloranthan Reformation", I am dismayed. I have been a fervent supporter of Chaosium and all things Gloranthan for nearly 20 years; I regretfully announce that I may have to rethink that decision.

Michael Schwartz                                            eachlach_at_aol.com
When in danger, when in doubt...run in circles, scream and shout!