Uz Tricksters

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 17:21:44 +0000

In Digest 51, Stephen Martin asks me

>I like this, except that Gore and Gash had already found (and used) the
>Pathway many times. Does this mean you think they are tricksters? Or are
>you talking about a different pathway, one that was not already used for
>War (capitalization intentional)?

It was more by way of a top-of-the head thought "what would trickster have done for Uz". I don't think Gore and Gash were tricksters, but it is possible that they found the pathway with the help (intentional or otherwise) of a trickster. This could have been as a joke on them (taking them outside Wonderhome), as a joke on the surface dwellers who suddenly found a band of Mistress Race Trolls swarming out of a cave, or as a result of them following him to punish him for a previous trick.

Jongale the Silent is another UZ who might have trickster links. I note in "Uz Lore" that he plucked some leaves from Shanaassse's locks, but managed to blame it on the dwarves.

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |