Aldyami Trickster

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 22:35:43 +0000

Way back in Digest 47, Stephen & Shannon were talking about Aldyami Trickster, following a Peter Michaels suggestion. I have only just got around to commiting this to electrons, and in the meantime someone else mentioned pixies, but I have forgotten who (sorry).

I think any Trickster in Aldryami society would come from the smaller Aldryami rather than the elves or dryads. If I recall correctly Aldryami go something like this

Trees - Elves & Dryads
Shrubs & Bushes - Runners
Ferns & "Primitive" plants - Red Elves (Goblins) Flowers - Pixies
Fungus - Black Elves (Vorolans) <--- Not really Aldryami. . .

I don't thinkl of trees as having much of a trickster like nature, but amongst the flowers and fungi, there are varieties that hold more promise - Flowers that grow to look like insects to encourage them to visit looking for a mate , so that they end up carrying pollen away. Flowers with really offensive smells (like the one in the Botanical gardens in London that flowered last year - forget its name). Not forgetting flowers that attract insects then eat them (Sundew, pitcher plant, venus flytrap). With Fungus, apart from the obvious psychedelic, mind altering properties, you also have similar looking toxic and edible varieties. Any of these have possibilities.

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk |
| Curiosity killed the cat - Why? What did it want to know? |