Carmanian Glowline

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 1997 18:04:27 -0500

Alain has some good Carmanian questions:

> Are there temples of the Reaching Moon in Carmania ?

Yep, Carmania is within the Glowline. There is a BIG temple in Kitor and may be others locally (I haven't visited recently enough to be sure). Probably the Kitor temple is the biggest: that's where the Lunar Governor is based.

> Before the birth of Yara Arranis, what were the limits of the Glowline?

Probably any magical effects (such as "always Full Moon") were limited to the Silver Shadow. The Glowline is a distinct improvement on the previous situation, though it has been suggested that by concentrating Lunar magic inside the Empire it has weakened it (slightly) outside...

> Should a Temple be desecrated (blasphemy), will the Holy Glowline
> withdraw, and how far?

Yes, and that depends. Cf. the boardgame of Dragon Pass for the only concrete example we know about (if enemies enter the Temple of the Reaching Moon near Furthest, the Glowline will cease to operate for the whole of Lunar Tarsh).

> Do the towns shown in the Entekosiad still exist?

Tales #16 will include an article on "The Oronin Valley" by Greg Stafford and myself, in a format similar to that of "Genertela Book", showing which cities still exist (and which are ruined), and what they are famous for nowadays. It also includes notes on the contemporary politics and religions of this region, the border between the Heartlands and the West Reaches, plus a full-blown scenario by MOB and myself set along the length of the Oronin River itself. Plus a gorgeous map by Phil Anderson (cartographer for the "Atlas of the Young Kingdoms" and "Tarsh War"). I hope this will help answer your questions, and also make the "Entekosiad" more useful for role-playing games set in Glorantha today.