Intent or Action? Blue Toad and the Zola Fel.

From: Thomas Doniol-Valcroze <tconrad_at_orbital.fr>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 12:55:02 +0100

Hail!

Erik Sieurin
- ------------
>So the quest-question is: Is intent important, or action?

Hmm... Sounds like a Nysalor riddle to me!

My first thought was that the Lion would not be deceived by such a cold calculation.
But then, see the God Learners: they made maps of the different paths of Heroquests, and they used every trick they could find to plunder the Hero plan. It was all cold calculation, and it worked... for a time.
But when punishment came... It hit hard.

I think you can deceive the Lion. And gain advantages from it. But sooner than later, you'd better get ready to pay your dues.

Stephen P Martin's Cult of the Blue Toad

Why, I like it. Deceive Chaos before it deceives you! That's swell. Hmm... Do you think it could be used by the Zola Fel's Newtlings? Maybe as an associated cult? Or are the links with Chaos too muddy to be accepted?
Would that need a Heroquest, or just good relationships between the two cults?

That would sound quite Newtling to me:
"I have heard that in a distant marsh, they know how to deceive Chaos. That's why I, Kermit the Bold (or Bald?) will go and bring back this magic to the Riverfolk, so that Chaos will leave us alone."

Hmm... Would you still want to eat a Newtling's tail if you had just seen him with a chaotic feature?

Always yours, Thomas.