Re: Brithini and the Invisible God

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 18:58:12 +0000

Thomas:

>Are the Brithini real atheists or do they believe in the Invisible
>God? In Genertela, it is said that they recognise the IG as the
>Creator. But in TotRM 13, it is said that they are atheists that pay
>no heed to the laws of Malkion, do not worship the IG, and, while they
>recognise the undeniable fact of creation, they deny that there was
>any entity known as Creator (on page 2).
>But, on page 6, in "A Creation Story from Brithos", it seems pretty
>clear that they believe the IG to have created the world.

 To my knowledge, although I believe that Nick Brooke would know better, they believe in the Creator, but not the Invisible God. In other words, they believe that an all powerful omnipotent deity created the Cosmos. However, unlike the Malkioni, they believe he isn't around anymore -- he's forgotten about Mankind. After all, he never needed to be around again, no-one ever died, everything was perfect and peaceful, why did he have to waste his precious time watching the Brithini? He never thought *anyone* would be stupid enough to allow the Devil into the world.

 They do not worship the Inivisible God because they know he's not listening and they'd just be wasting their time.

Nick E.
Nick the Broo Shaman of Thed
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~eff

    "If absolute power corrupts absolutely,