Re: Broken Broken Council

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:32:39 +1100

G'day all,

Broken Broken Council

Because you don't have access to previous issues, let me state again what I said a couple of Digests ago:

>>With less than a month to go to RQ Con Down Under last year, we
>>had *just over half* the players required for our 82-player LARP, Home of
>>The Bold. We were about 40 players short (almost the total number
>>required for The Broken Council), with around 77 Con registrations at
>>that point...[After our final recruiting push] ...In the end, we had 131
>>people attending the con and we even needed a waiting list for people
>>wanting to get into HotB on the day!

Given our experience, I agree with Curtis that cancelling BC for want of 16 players seems to be a rather small number. However, at RQ Con Down Under we our LARP set to go on the day. If Broken Council ain't ready, there's obviously no point continuing down this road...

Cheers

MOB

>From the Notes From Nochet files:
(XXIX.12-61-soilsci)
Loess is the fine yellowish-brown soil of Matkondu, the northern lands of Teshnos in the far east. Loess is blown by the winds of the Genert desert and deposited in layers often tens or hundreds of feet deep on top of the original terrain. It is exceptionally fine and easily eroded by wind and water, leaving the vertical earth cliffs and precipitous ravines and gullies so typical of the region's landscape. Kota the Traveller.