Ghosts, Heroes

From: Steven E. Barnes <akuma_at_best.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 15:07:46 -0800 (PST)

As I recall, the Cults of Prax writeup gives Humakti *Create* Ghost, not Free Ghost. A Ghost/spirit is dead, hence not a problem for Humakt.

On heroes: the heroes in my campaign are the player characters. To give NPCs like Harrek mystical fate protection, or whatever, is a unfair to the players (unless similar dispensation is available for PCs). In otherwords, if the PCs are powerful enough, NPC heroes are fair game.

On the other hand, I find the whole "lets use mind link to cast huge amounts of magic" argument to be silly. As an RQ3 hater, it is obvious that rune magic needs some kind of stacking limit, and as has been argued many times before, Axe Trance is a ludicrous spell.

On RunePower: I was going to post my varient, but I assumed there would be a huge outcry from the rules-hating readers. The basic idea is that characters have separate pools for each rune, in proportion to the runes of their god (Humakt would be 2 Death per 1 Truth, for example). More if anyone cares.