r.e. offing Harrek: What ever happened to criticals?

From: Graham Wren <wren_at_fortwhyte.mb.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 23:45:19 -0600

I always thought that because of critical hits, even Heroes could be killed. That is the charm about RQ: in D&D, Heroes don't HAVE to negotiate with mundane folk. They put whole towns to sleep or use bigger and bigger fireballs. In RQ, even the greatest of the great are not made so by hit points, but by their skills. I've played high level
(non-Gloranthan) campaigns and low-to-Rune level Gloranthan games, and
EVERYONE should worry about critical hits!

(The one thing I did like about RQ3 was calculating Hit Points based on
SIZ and CON, rather than on CON and adding a small SIZ bonus. That way you didn't need a phony add to dinosaurs etc. to give them enough HP's.)

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #80