Praxian Sun God?

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 08:22:42 +0000

> According to Scott Schneider, the Praxian expert, they call the Sun
> "Bright Treasure". I think what it is varies with the teller, as
> does who brought it -- Waha or Storm Bull. I think that the original
> Praxian Sun God was so badly destroyed that it was not brought back
> as fully, say, as Yelm or even Elmal [sic]. It is merely the Bright
> part of the god, not the God part.
>
> Personally, I have advocated for a number of years that the original
> Praxian Sun God was Yamsur the Splendid. I won't go into the
> evidence in detail here. But NO ONE in Glorantha knows this today.

I remember (vaguely) from Cults of Prax that the khans of Waha are required to sing the "Song of Rising Waha" at dawn each day, which of course suggests some kind of solar ties for the deity. Granted, Waha is not implicitly a solar deity, but the lack of any other candidate except for the Sun Hawk spirit makes him a possibility.

Guy