Sky Program

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 00:54:56 EST

On the Gloranthan Ephemeris

Yes, there is such a program, Windows based. The problem is, the program, ably and ingeniously created by Nick Brooke, has never been finished.Without trying to speak for Nick, I think part of the problem was math, part was time, part was a lack of final decisions (from Greg Stafford) on a number of aspects of the sky.

All of which problems I am trying to help correct. I have sent a list of about 40 questions to Greg, which need answering. These are accompanied by about 15 pages of notes, explaining what the questions mean.

And my praise of Nick here is very sincere -- the sheer inspiration to start the program (he never having used Visual Basic before), and the amount of time and energy he has put into it, are amazing. I would never have had the nerve to begin such a project.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com