Pigs, Whither Lightfore? and Martial Heler

From: Nigel Smith <ns10005_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:50:16 +0000

Greetings all, and a (belated) Happy New Year.

Balazar and the Pigs:
Has been well covered now. Are/were there dragons to the northwest of Balazar? If not, Mralator must have come from South of the Rockwoods, though this doesn't narrow things down much

> You seen to have missed the point - the original question was 'is
> the God Yelmalio believed to be the same as the planet Lightfore?'.

Since I'm getting more than usually lost in this thread, can someone clear something up for me? Is Lightfore, son of Polestar, most favoured worshipper of Dayzatar (Wyrm's Footnotes/prints & GRoY) the same as Arraz/Lightfore, one of the Two created by Dayzatar (tFS) and the same as Lightfore the planet (GRoY)? Especially since the planet Lightfore is always named by title and "its secret name remains a secret (if it was ever known or agreed upon!)" (GRoY).

And Kargzant was defeated by Lightfore, followed by Antirius's rising (GRoY), while the DHs recognise Lightfore the planet to be Antirius.

So either Lightfore wasn't Antirius, then was, while also being the son of Polestar *and* created by Dayzatar *and* being that part of Yelm left after the murder, or Lightfore is one or more individuals where Lightfore is a title (like Argrath). Or some of the sources are wrong...

No wonder my head is spinning. What *has* been decided?

Nitpick: "Heler is usually depicted as a militant deity, but rarely portrayed as an effective one" (WF13, p6). I would argue that militant and martial are different, and thus Heler is *not* a martial diety - at least, no more (and apparently less successfully) than the other non-warrior members of the Orlanthi pantheon.

Later,

     Nigel