Wonder?

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 07:55:50 -0600

> When you start killing the heroes you've killed the wonder....

        I don't necessarily agree. Forgive me for delving into old RQ2 campaign memories, _but_

        My main character for many years was an up and coming Priest of the Seven Mothers. His avowed goal appeared to be to become a Runemaster. It was necessary once to explain to fellow gamers that becoming a Rune Priest was reaching the first milestone. Becoming a Rune Lord was the second! To become a Rune Master was what the character believed to be the necessary preparation for going out and doing all the 'really cool' stuff. (We would call it mid to high level heroquesting now). The character wanted to travel north one year, and join one of the relief columns to suport Kalikos IceBreaker. He fully intended to take on a Hollri (a small one would do). Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera....

        This character fully intended to do the whole heroic bit, for the Glory of the Red Moon Goddess.

        If other people set out to do this sort of thing, and the judge is comfortable with it, then it sounds like MFG to me. Killing Harrek (or the Crimson Bat) is terribly difficult, but I could see it as the culmination of a campaign. Everybody dies gloriously...

        I can just see the hero-PCs pulling it off by yanking in Yara Aranis & giving Sheng Seleris a new bunk-mate. And when all the fighting is over, the guys look at their Humakti friend and realize he's fading out. He gives them his grim little smile and says, "I have to go now. I have put off this journey too long as it is."

	"But Hrothgar, what's happened to you?"
	"I died during the xxxx, but was unwilling to join Humakt until
this deed was completed. Humakt approved. Farwe......"
Andrew Joelson				    joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com  -|-
aka Rupert von Harl; Cults of Seven Mothers, Yanifal Tarnils and Humakt |  "Contradiction? No, I always did tend to kill chaos creatures anyway" /