Crimson Bat Biology...ugh.

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:34:53 -0500 (EST)

         I have a question about everybody's favorite chaos horror, the Steed of the Goddess, the Great Bat. We all know that it eats creatures body and soul, but...umm, what happens afterward? When ordinary organisms eat something, there's a certain amount of waste products; is that true with the Crimson Bat and if so, does that apply to the _spirit_ part too? Are the physical waste products little piles of chaos (maybe gorps?) or ordinary stuff?

        I suppose I ask about that because I've never been terribly comfortable with the notion of creature's souls being popped out of existance by the Bat, particularly considering that it acts as a sort of vacuum cleaner sucking up all spirits that have the bad luck to be near it. If the spirits it eats are effectively being sucked into the Void it would seem that anywhere the Bat goes is going to be POW short and perhaps a bit unstable.

        I hope that's not too qrotesque a question.

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...