Fat or Preggers? Big UZ question.

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Comp) <"Daniel>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:14:57 -0800

>From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
>
>Could you thus say that trollish, er, procreation is linked closely to
>eating, thus linking what Trollpak calls the big two motivations of all
>uz? Ergo, since eating fills a troll and prevents non-existence, having
>healthy children fills the world and prevents non-existence of the race?
>Hunger is thus the desire for both food and to have children, and Fullness
>is both a full bell and a full home?

I would argue that there is a definate link between hunger and pregnancy for an Uz woman. But I think that it is Primarily more concrete than the notion of a "full" home. Being Large is a priority for all Uz, and pregnancy is a wonderful way to get REALLY big. It also seems reasonable that a full womb would make it easier for the stomache(s) to feel "full" (um, any RW human mothers care to verify/deny this? -- I'm not really competent in this area...). So, even aside from the Strong social pressures to procreate, any female Uz is likely to leap at any chance to get to feel bloated and fat for a whole year (or whatever gestation is for the Uz... I've forgotten.) Imagine the glory of having a meal that actually GROWS in your tummy! Gotta make an Uz proud and happy!

As a (probably politically incorrect) aside, I wonder if there is a "certain time" that all male trolls dread when their wife is feeling "all washed out" and "skinny..." and if all troll boys quickly learn that the ONLY correct answer to "Honey, do I look fat?..." is "YES dear, I was just noticing that you've been gaining weight! Your new diet is really working!"

danm.
(who's desperately trying to fight his own recent trend towards looking like a happy troll...)