RuneQuest Computer Helper

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_epix.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 21:18:29 -0500

Well, I am planning a little raid (or should that be "little" "raid") for my PC's. To make a long story short, the seven PC's and fifty of their close, Humakti friends are about to do a surprise raid on an Esrolian Estate that is reported to hide Chaos, destabalize the region, and do nasty things to people.

Now, I keep thinking, "Gee, back when I was an update student, I actually understood one of the "modern" programing languages. It would be VERY helpful to have a program that would take a database of fifty humakti with their attack, parry, armour, and hitpoints and slam it into a similar database of Bad Guys and tell me who lives and who dies." Then I think "Too bad I'm an old, out of touch simpleton."

However, maybe somebody out there has come up with something similar. Heck, if you cared about stuff like that, you could probably work in fatigue and stuff. Maybe even add in secondary weapons, fumble tables, hit locations, etc. Guess it would be much easeier for The Other Game (tm) but that's a diversion.

So, does anybody have anything remotely similar to what I'm looking for? Anybody have any desire to whip off seventy lines of code and email it to me? ;-)

Rich