GRoY, Lead Crosses, Eight Planets

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 15:35:05 EST

Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz> Obscure things

Me>>Of course they could have, though you must remember that current (1621)
>>solar mythology was "rebooted" by the publication of The Glorious
>>ReAscent of Yelm in the late 5th or early 6th Wane.
>
>The GRAY was discovered by Emperor Yelmgatha and published then.

I believe this is incorrect, although I have found the reference in Fortunate Succession. Maybe Greg originally told me, or it was in some of his notes on which I commented. And it may no longer be correct. But according to this other info, GRoY was found or brought out of Alkoth after Sheng Seleris was slain and the nomads finally driven out. It may be that Yelmgatha used GRoY to write FS, but that it was not made generally public until the Fifth Wane.

>Pentan influences on the other hand....

Are always decried!

>>Several times now when talk/debate/argument has turned to HQ's I've
heard
>>the Lead Cross HQ mentioned. I'm aware that it involves a Humakti
killing
>>a healer; but would someone care to explain the myth behind it
>
>The story is supposedly given in Plunder! but I can't recall the
details.

Actually, Lead Crosses appeared in Wyrms Footnotes 11. And no real myth was given. Since members who walked the path were so committed to death that they would kill Chalana Arroy healers to show their devotion, the quest has been more or less outlawed.

Given that Makla Mann (Humakt hero) gives a spell called Stop Resurrection, I have posited a link between these items, the Path, and this hero before.

The Eight Planets

When I sought a correspondence, it was more from the _original_ nature of the Eight Planets (as described in GRoY), not any current versions. Thus, Shargash has always been the Master of Strength, and is logical for being Kargan Tor. Falsoretus was originally the Master of Transformation, so he is good for Larnste. Since I've started, I guess I'll continue:

Buserian		Master of
Insight		Orenoar		Truth
Reladivus		Master of Serenity		Harana
Ilor	Harmony
Shargash		Master of Strength		Kargan
Tor	War/Death
Derdurnus	Master of
Brilliance		???		???
Deumalos		Master of
Sovereignty	Acos		Law/Stasis
Falsoretus	Master of
Transformation	Larnste		Change
Verithurus	Master of
Wisdom		Orenoar		Truth
Ghevengus	Master of Action		Kargan Tor	War

Hmm, some problems here, I see. Two Kargan Tors, two Orenoars, a blank space, and no Ratslaf/Disorder, Tylenea/Illusion, or Uleria/Life. Anyone want to try to fix this, or am I barking up the wrong pillar, er tree?

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com