Temple to Alakoring Dragonbreaker

From: WillTwist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:25:15 -0500 (EST)

>>Also, there is a temple which is marked as being (primarily) dedicated to
>>Alakoring Dragonbreaker. I can't make out exactly what the location is (the
map is >>very small scale), but it is about mid way between Heron Green Fort and the >>Dragon's Eye. Even at that scale, this seems to be awful close to the Dragonewt >>Capital for my comfort (if I was worshiping a dragon-slaying hero).

In our game, the gm made this a shrine on the side of a cliff. The walls of the cliff had been scorched so badly in the past that they are still blackened. At the base of the cliff there is a silhouette of a man standing out in contrast to the blackened cliff. Followers of Alakoring Dragonbreaker can make contact with his spirit there. This subcult is especially hated because of their frequent raids on roving dragonnewts and the shrine is commonly staked out by beaked dragonnewts hunting worshippers. Needless to say, it makes for a bad encounter when ignorant Orlanthi wander by this sight without knowing its history -- "No really, we like dragonnewts!" "Kill the taillesssss onesssss!"