Many Things...

From: Peter Maranci <pmaranci_at_sunspot.tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 02:11:34 -0500 (EST)

        Welcome to the list, James. As far as I know, Avalon Hill has *never* had anyone officially address this list. I saw Jack Dott at RQ Con II, but AH's plans for RQ have never been revealed to the RQ public in general. I'm sorry to say that the only conclusion I can make is that they must feel that RQ isn't worth spending time one. Guess _Girl's Life_ is the mainstay of the AH empire now...

        Er...then why is a 90% Ride one of the skills required for a Wind Lord?

        There's one thing that I've never seen explained, and that it how Wind Lords in Lunar-occupied territory don't get caught. My Sartarite character is on the road to becoming a Wind Lord, but as soon as he does he'll have to start chanting poetry to practically everything he meets -- including "Foul Chaos..." to Lunars, I suspect -- and will no doubt be picked up and executed immediately.

        Martin Crim posted some excellent stuff about shadowcats some time ago. One thing that particularly struck a chord was that despite their small size, they do not receive a damage penalty. I recall that being the case for some other small creatures, but can't remember the source.

        Other questions: Would an awakened shadowcat speak Spirit Speech? Storm Speech? Could it use Mindspeak (an Orlanthi spell) to speak to other Initiates? Since the spell makes use of sub-vocalization, and as far as I know even an awakened alynx is incapable of speech without the direct inspiration of Orlanth, I have to wonder.

        One last question, this one on copyrights. Over a long time I've developed a RQIII info sheet. It's a player's aid with the most useful tables and lists on it, as well as house rules -- all in miniaturized form, so it fits on one double-sided page. I and many other players have found it very useful over the years. I'd like to put it up on my web site, but I have a feeling that that may not be wise from a copyright point of view. I'm sure I'll hear a lot about this... :-)

                                                                -->Pete

Editor, Interregnum RPG/Science Fiction APA/magazine -- email for info. Interregnum WWW home page: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/index.html FRP adventures, art and more: http://www.tiac.net/users/maranci/rq.htm