Yelm

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 19:48:03 +0000

Chris Wehman:

> I was wondering if anyone has written up a more definitive Yelm
>Cult write-up for Dara Happa based upon GRoY and FS. I have the
>undescriptive GoG version and a more complete version from some
>magazine(can't remember which) but both seems too general and God
>Learnerized.

 Ooohh, big call. The problem with the Dara Happan Yelmic cult is that I don't think people know how Dara Happan Magic works, it appears that it certainly origanted around Tribal Ceremony etc... and concepts like Rune magic and spirit magic are newly introduced. Secondly, there is very little that you can pin down about the cult of Yelm. I'd certainly like to give it a go, but it'd be a gargantuan task at that. Not to say that it can't be done, but what ever version anybody comes up with will be gregged pretty damn quick.

 Personally I apply the GoG version to the cult of Ehilm in Galin, Ralios, and to the Sun County/Sun Dome areas. I think a version exceedingly similiar to this one would exist in the Grazelands as Yu-Kargzant and to Pent as Kargzant. The cult of Yelm would, IMHO, be a conglomerate of a large number (but not all) of the gods of the Yelm pantheon i.e. Antirius, Buserian, Saggitus etc... with cults like those of Polaris, Shargash and Erissa remaining seperate.

> Chalana Arroy and various subcults make up the last healer cults
>that are proported to be in Peloria(RoC). Is merely as a result of RoC
>being an older source than GRoY? Would this cult have any footing at all
>in the Lunar Heartlands, esp. Dara Happa? Or would it merely be found in
>the barbarian areas surrounding?

 IMHO the Healing Deities of the Lunar Empire are officially Deezola, with Erissa, Chalana Arroy, Teelo Norri and Malia playing second fiddle. If a CA worshipper met up in an Erissa temple, they'd probabley be very cordial to each other, notice that they both wore white and did more or less the same rites in different languages and assume that the only difference was that their god was called something different, same differnce between a banana in Britain and a banana in France, looks the same, tastes the same, is grown the same and I wouldn't care what the hell it was called. Same goes, BTW, for my opinion of Humakt in Carmania and Sartar.

Thanx for listening,

Nick E.

Nick the Broo Shaman of Thed
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~eff