Re: Argrath, Fazzur, Karandoli

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:53:54 +0000

Mike Cule asks:
> At the peace negotiations after
> Starbrow's Rebellion, Fazzur Wideread shows the Sartarite leaders the
> Hell where Sheng Seleris is imprisoned.
> Some years later, Argrath goes to that Hell and rescues Sheng Seleris.
> Now, obviously some of the description of the vision that Fazzur got to
> Argrath and he used it in his quest. But could he have been there himself, as part
> of the Sartarite delegation? What do people think? Especially those
> more learned in the continuity than me? Jane Williams, you there?

Now there's a compliment.... Personally I don't think he was there, no. Garrath was in Pavis at the time. But then, he could have learnt about it later. I forget the exact dates, but Argrath was an ally of the Fazzurites at some point in the 1630s. And if Argrath ever spoke to Kallyr in the period 1625-1630 (and I think he might), she could have told him all about it.

> And another thing. Does anyone have any clear or ingenious ideas about
> what's going on when Argrath convinces the Colymar that he is from a
> part of their tribe they have lost track of? Is this a magnificent
> con-job or something truly mystical?

Considerable discussion about this is going on off-line at the very moment. The clues are mainly in KoS: see what you make of them.

1) Look at the history of the Karandoli, as given to Leika
2) Look up the Karandoli and the Jenstali in the clans listing
3) page 235, look at the ancestry given in the third sample Invocation
4) look up the history of Pavis, and realise that Badside was founded
around 1490.
Now work it out for yourself. I think the Karandoli went to Pavis, except for a few fanatics who stayed hiding in the hills killing the Jenstali, and I think Argrath either found then when he went there, or was born to the Karandoli in Pavis anyway.
Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/