Re: GD V4 #121-3, Man Rune, Truestone, Entekos & the Moon Soul

From: Peter Linton Tracy <937058_at_bud.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:30:48 +1100 (EST)

Sheesh, I'm also missing v#121 through 123, someone forward those please...

The Recent man rune talk ponders what the "MAN" is and who has it. IMHO it represents "Mortality", not man, thus, Elves, Troll, Men, and Ducks, etc, have some link (animals also dying makes it hard, perhaps grandpa animal snuffed it too!?), but Dragonnewts and mostali are not men, and are not mortal (thus no diseases, as per cult of malia)... but then again, isnt Mostal dead? Maybe association with Stasis or Dragonnewt runes slow aging? Maybe GF Mortal had some design features the gods decided to keep for the younger races when they were made (like how modern manufacturing involves built in redundance) just to save on costs, but Mostali and Dragonnewts were build to last! ;-)

Truestone - The Mostali once knew how to forge adamant, and how to make it self rechargming or even 'Clean' truestone to start again! I say the one use spells are lost, but the stone is attuned to those certain spells, definitely, not runepower (Star Trek explaination - its a divine capacitor linked to the god time, storing effects, not energy! ;-)

On p52 of the Entokosiad, Entekos dies and; "...took up the eight pegs which had held down her house... no one could fix her building..."

I see this Inexorably linked to the DH idea of six parts to the spirit, the Lunar/Nysalorian/Gbajian idea of the seventh part (illumination), and an as yet unknow part, the greatest part to come, a white moon secret! (like, Deep Thoughs 'The Earth' ;-)

Nuff said!

Peter T