Re: Steve is _not_ worried about creativity

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:59:17 +0000

> I am not requesting that everyone always cite all sources on the
> Digest. However, if a person asks for information on a specific
> subject, and someone else_answers_ that question with a large,
> authoritative post, I think it is only polite for that person to at
> least state that the material is theirs, and completely new.

I quote the bottom of each issue of the digest:

What this means to me is that UNLESS specified otherwise, everything on this digest is assumed to be pure invention, with absolutely no claim to Staffordian provenance whatsoever. Since most of the participants have no access to fabled RQ2 products such as the Cradle Scenario, let alone the ear of Stafford himself, this is only as it should be.

Since the default behavior on this digest is to make stuff up it's considered redundant to ask posters to warn us when they make stuff up, and instead we ask posters to warn us when they use authoritative sources. Please, Steve, could you warn us when you intend to use an authoritative source, since we're not expecting it? ;)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Loren

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kind of joke?"