catching up after GC IV

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 08:13:49 -0600

Loren Miller/120

> This was one of my mental blocks when writing up my carmanian
> material. How would a dualistic cult work? Would it be some form of
> These things are Forbidden in some circumstances and Mandatory in
> others? For instance.

    Never ambush during the summer, and ambush at least one enemy in     the winter.

> I'd love to see what other people have to think about this.

        Well, no one seems to have commented on this, so I will. I think that Humakt would npt be dualistic in and of himself. He think it would be more likely that he was dualistic with another god/goddess: a) Humakt(os) God of Truth & Honor is the great enemy of a Trickster

    God, (Lokios perhaps?). Not a funny trickster; a scummy, no-good     one.
b) Humakiol, God of Death and Endings is wed to Brola (?) the Earth

    Goddess, Patroness of Fertility and Beginings. This would be an     'opposites attract' sort of thing; Yin & Yang.

        I am suggesting this, not positing it. I will accept either ideal, if someone will go to the trouble of workinging out all the details.

Digest 125/128

>> [Hmmm, a question: do people get an irresistable urge to cast all their
>> divine magic into the Block, or has it already been 'set', and if so, by
>> who?]

> Yep, that's why anyone touching the Block 'loses' all their magic - actually
> they cast it into the Block. Of course it has been set! Glorious Stormbull,
> by using it to fold, spindle and mutilate the Devil (TM) set it in its current
> position :-)

        Actually, the Devil is down there somewhere underneath, sucking in all the magic _through_ the Block. (Ugly things come from Down Under!) When he get's enough, he's finally going to push the Bock aside and resume the GodsWar. I know that the Deviul using a fragment of the Spike as a tool is a contradiction, but that's what Chaos is all about.....

Arf:
> The player concerned has a Storm Bull character, and one thing we came up
> with is that as a part of the ceremony, the Initiate has one ear torn off
> (as per SB's battle with the devil described in CoP).

        I would think that you are overdoing it. Making a ritual cut in the ear should be enough for initiation. Or perhaps for the celebration after acheiving Rune Level. Remember that things should escalate; save the big stuff like 'ear ripped off fighting chaos' for HeroQuests.

        And I believe there are twenty Lunars to a Wheel...

Dan/132
> Will there ever be a Glorantha Convention in California?

        RQ II was in San Francisco in '95. Maybe you should set up a committee to run the con in '99?

Maybe tommorrow I'll get around to a "Chairman's Review" of GC IV.

                Andrew

Drink Orlanth-Cola!