Re: Carmanian Humakt?

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:59:34 +0000

"Paul Heinz" <pheinz_at_direct.ca> writes:
> Well, just to add fuel to the fire, a while back Neil Robinson and I
> were wondering about Carmanian Humakti at one point and we wondered
> if the Carmanian war god (whatever his name really is) might have a
> light aspect and a dark aspect.
>
> The light aspect is an honourable soldiers god, offering Morale,
> Truesword, etc and the dark aspect is a cruel killers god offering
> Berzerk, Crush, etc. with an tendency towards committing atrocities.

This (Carmanian Humakt=Humakt plus ZZ) is exactly what I had been doing for the Humakt cult for players in my campaign, but I was unhappy with it because of the obvious problems with finding a mythic background for the cult that makes any sense at all. I really, no I mean **REALLY**, didn't want to make up an entirely new set of dualistic myths for the Carmanians with the knowledge that GS was at that very moment making up a completely incompatible set of myths that would force me to scuttle my own. I still find that prospect less than encouraging.

> This might fit in with Loren's idea for encouraging Carmanian
> 'contrariness' in terms of similar dualistic behaviour.

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with the spark that lights the flame of our understanding of Carmanian Dualism.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kind of joke?"

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #133