New RQ v Glorantha?

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 12:12:29 +1000 (EST)

Call me odd, but it seems to me that the slightly vaunted renaissance of RQ is quickly going down the gurgler! First (announced) David Hall is no longer managing (?) the renaissance; second, New Lolon is refused; and thirdly Soldiers of the Red Moon has been de-MOBed.

From a long way away from the action, it's difficult to believe anymore than it is business as usual with Tales (though I had to get my #14 from England since it's *still* not in Australia) and this list fueling the embers of RQ and Glorantha.

I can only agree with Nick that the recent 'official' releases from Greg and Chaosium have not particularly helped my campaign! (eg. The Fortunate Succession, Entekosiad et al.). Now we also hear that there may only be one more RQ Adventures, and no more Codex. New Lolon gospel will be non-Gloranthan` and the SKY IS FALLING ON OUR HEADS.

Sigh. Had to let it out...
Robert

PS. After all that doom and gloom, I'm still working on getting a CDROM of material together. [There, now I've said it in the open I might actually have to *do* it!] Its main benefit would be the ability to search for information that has come through these mailing lists. Other people have indicated they would donate as well.