Truestone

From: Stephen P Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 00:21:42 EST

ns10005_at_cam.ac.uk (Nigel Smith)
Re: Truestone

>Call me an old fuddy-duddy who plays by the rules, but I like the
>description as given on pp 41-42 of Elder Secrets, plus Cults of Prax
bit
>about Biturian tracking spell use as the healer cast them. Briefly:

I seem to recall in the Cults of Prax narratives that Biturion is, at one point, passing this blank truestone from hand to hand, trying to decide whether or not to sell it to the Lhankor Mhy temple. Doesn't sound like he was having a hard time resisting any spell compulsion, just his compulsin to keep the stone. Maybe the Elder Secrets rules [sic] are a bit extreme in this respect?

Dennis Hoover <dennishoover_at_mindspring.com> Alkor, Yuthu, and Raiba

>Stephen Martin wrote:
>
>>>Personally, I prefer thinking of Yuthu as Buserian's name as the city
god,
>>>just as Shargash is called Alkor when he is the city protector of
Alkoth.

>>>Interesting. If you have Yuthu/Yuthuppa/Buserian and
>Alkor/Alkoth/Shargash, then would that suggest Raiba/Raibanth/Yelm?

Gee, isn't that what we have in GRoY? :)

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com