Don't split yet!

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 23:07:06 -0500 (EST)

James Turner writes:
> Perhaps there should be a new list for Glorantha novices, though I
> guess not many new people are coming into the game.

                                and
Jeff Kilford sez:
> I read the digest but have to discard huge amounts as too advanced,
> and it is a bit off-putting as I am unfit for comment on virtually all
> that goes on. I'll continue to try and keep up but a basics list would
> be magic.

My instinctive reaction is against segregating Glorantha into two groups - -- why wouldn't the stuff the "novices" suggest, ask or talk about be any less useful or intriguing at time sthan the "advanced" list? I'd subscribe to both. Why not? There's lots of stuff I'm a novice about, and I've played the game for nearly a deacde. Hell, I couldn't tell Shargash, Elhim, Yelmalio or Yelm worshippers apart if you paid me (They all make that same "thwack" sound when I hit 'em with my maul). Why be intimidated? Hey, I just confused two major periods of history (as Stephen Lucek pointed out, frex), and I'll keep posting. Thing of how stupid I feel: I'm a historian. I suspect that both of you above have interesting and insightful things to say about Glorantha. So say 'em! What interests you about the world? Comment about it: that's where interesting discussions come from. That's why I just about never post on anything but the uz -- I like trolls, and enjoy discussing them to gain new insights -- I'd have never thought of Darkness as a carrier for sonar. What interests do _you_ have you can bring the Digest?

I think the RQ Rules list would take care of some of the basic questions, if/when it gets back up (stuff like how many lunars to a wheel). Or, worse come to worse, ask people to respond directly to avoid cluttering up the digest. Or just e-mail some of the people on the list -- feel free to e-mail me if you have questions you don't want on here (I probably won't actually _know_ the answer, but...)

Danny Bourne, in the midst of sarcasm, mentions:
> (Lemmy being, of course, THE proof of the existence of God).
But _not_ of soap or water, from what I hear. <g> What? You're gonna do "March or Die" before "The Mace of Shades"? I, for one, request it first.