Re: Hippogriff's Avenging Daughter

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 10:34:00 +1000 (EST)

Nick lovely story concludes
> water. The Avenging Daughter of Hippogriff took on a new name: thenceforth
> she was called "Hippo", though the priests of her cult know her secret name
> of "Hippo Potamus". And her descendants have never been broken or made to
> work for man: they frolic freely in the muddy rivers of Esrolia, children
> of the Avenging Daughter of Hippogriff.

Hello Nick. While you probably already know it, others may be interested: Hippopotamus actually means 'river horse'. I assumed, and it is so in my games, that the summoning of river horses summons a hippo. It makes great play for the characters who are expecting some kind of 'horse'. For a beautiful photographic sequence showing hippos gracefully walking along the river bottom, I would definitely recommend a Discovery Channel program on them - beautiful!

Robert McArthur