Fiddling in Glorantha

From: David Hall <100116.2616_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 07:08:32 -0500

Glorantha Con 4:

Many thanks to Andrew Joelson and his committee for a fine convention. It was great to see everyone again and to recharge my Gloranthan batteries.

My highlights included Nick Brooke's sing-a-long, playing Speed Prax in the Megacorp Suite, the David Panel, and perfecting my Tequila Slammer technique in a Chicago Blues club!

We released two new products at the convention, Tarsh War and the Meints Index of Glorantha (ok, so the latter has been prematurely announced before...). I expect to post details of how to order these when we have taken delivery of the remaining copies.

Roll on Glorantha Con 5 in British Columbia this July!

Splitting the Digest:

I reckon a split would be a mistake, since there is to much cross-over. If the content is getting too esoteric and off-putting then I say follow MOB's lead and start posting more MGF stuff! If readers see more MGF information, more questions asked and answered, more fiction, and more scenario ideas then they'll probably be more inclined to post the same.

If we want the digest to change and become better balanced then we gotta do it ourselves.

Gloranthan Futures:

The impression I got at Glorantha Con 4 is that the production of a new Gloranthan RPG is very much dependant on the success of the new miniatures game. However, even if the miniatures game is successful there is no guarantee that a new RPG will be feasible for Chaosium given the current industry-wide state of role-playing.

So, as far as Gloranthan role-playing goes, we are on our own in the medium term, and perhaps for a lot longer.

Gloranthan RQ would appear to be a very dead duck now. But then I could hardly describe what went before as being much better than a slow lingering death.

All Hail the Dying Moon!

David Hall