obscure schtick

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 11:02:07 +1300

Michael O'Brien:

>Buggered if I know where, but I'm pretty sure I read that it is rumoured
>Mistress Race trolls can "kill with a glance". Is this a human
>misunderstanding of the deadly way the Uzuz can use their sonar?

Trollpak. Although I always felt that Attack Soul [Subere Cult Spell] was the means by which they could do it.

>*Ok, so sometimes we get no takers: it happens. (About a month ago a posted
>a long and what I thought would have been controversial piece about a
>"False Red Emperor", implying there'd been a good few of 'em since. Not
>a bite, not even a post saying, "MOB your piece sucked eggs: leave the ancient
>history stuff to the experts and go back to your whacko MGF schtick." Not to
>mind, I'll probably just dust it off in a year or so and try again...)

Oh that! If you really wanted a comment, I noted that you used an obslete version of the Emperor's name. It's Artifex, not Aristos (Greg's latinisms was corrected by a mycenean scholar) in the Fortunate Succession. Of course since it was just such a little mistake, I thought the catch was undersized and so elected not to post about it the first time round.

Whether this should make you any happier is OTOH debatable...

Michael Raaterova:

>The Laurie/ Metcalfe Shargash logorrhea is a perfect example of discussions
>that should be discussed privately until an article could be presented.

Well, it was about a current place in Glorantha and thus is perfectly on topic here. Or perhaps we're only allowed to discuss only the Orlanthi and their RW parallels in such detail?