Re: Useful stuff

From: Ingo Tschinke <tschinke_at_nord.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 00:13:26 +0100

Michael Raaterova wrote:

>About a Gloranthan Novice List: there's no need, really.

I agree with you about the novice list. I think it would be better to do a novice magazine instead of a novice list. Therefore we, the Chaos Society, try to do with Tradetalk such a magazine.

>The Laurie/ Metcalfe Shargash logorrhea is a perfect example of discussions
>that should be discussed privately until an article could be presented.

I think this would be not the opinion of many about discussion. IMO the digest is a gloranthan discussion forum where many gloranthapiles could exchange their thoughts about their view of things about about Glorantha. Okay, I understand that most of these long version discussion are very boring. But only with such open discussion you will get a opinion of many about a special theme. I have done this form of discussion some time ago with Peter Metcalfe and some others about the Boristi. As a result I have written an article about the Boristi for Tradetalk # 2. Without this long version discussion I would have been unable to do so.

>If this means that there would be fewer digests per day, well that's a
>bonus! Usually i sift through todays digest harvest, find nothing of
>interest and throw them away. Which is slightly irritating, considering
>that the talent available on this digest is quite stunning.

I think it is difficult to expect only good stuff on such digest. The good stuff should end in one of the known magazines like ToRM, Codex, RQA and last not least Tradetalk, but not only on this digest. If you expect only perfect stuff, then tell me what is about all the novice who made their mind up about trivial Gloranthan things on the digest which is known by everybody who are playing on Glorantha for years.

The discussion are stunning, that is true, but they are part of this digest as it should be.

cheers

INGO

RuneQuest - Society                  Ingo Tschinke
tschinke_at_nordwest.de                 Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
Free INT - RQSociety_at_aol.com         28325 Bremen/Germany
http://members.aol.com/rqsociety/welcome.html RQ Society discussion forum - RQSoc_at_nochet.demon.co.uk