German RQ Con

From: Ingo Tschinke <tschinke_at_nord.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 00:13:22 +0100

Hi

The German RQ con is full up to 60% now. Everybody who wants to take part on our con should sent me a registration note soon.

This con is held fully bilingual (especially the FreeForm 'People of Pavis' for all who are not able to speak german).

I will sent the invitation again for all who have nor heard from the German RQ Con until now.

Meet Chaos, come to Bachrach

Cheers

Ingo

Invitation to the 8th German RuneQuest Con - 1997

This year's RuneQuest Con will take place, as last year's, at the youth hostel Burg Stahleck in Bacharach on the Rhine. The con will be held on Whitsun weekend from Friday evening the 16th of May, til Monday the 19th, around noon or so. The castle and village under it are alone worth the trip. Our Guests of Honor for the 1997 con will be:

Michael O'Brien, David Hall, and Nick Brooke

To finance their travel costs we have initiated a Teelo-Norri-Fund. We would greatly appreciate any donations.
Last year's con started on Friday and turned out rather well because we then had more time for getting acquainted and for playing games. We will again be starting on Friday, but the opening greeting will be on Saturday for those of us who arrive then. Aside from its idyllic atmosphere, the hostel offers enough space for all. The cost of the con is DM 130 (German Marks), or 100 for those who arrive on Saturday. The free-forms (LARPs) will cost around DM 10. We have to ask that anyone coming by car please bring others, so as to travel in as few vehicles as possible as there is only limited space for parking.

Planned Program Points

Concerning Trollball: Please bring inflatable pool toys and things for use as "weapons". Further info regarding the con will be sent upon our receiving your registration.
Vegetarian meals are available and the rest is also good. Breakfast and dinner are included in the basic price. Lunch can be purchased for those who are not too busy gaming and discussing Glorantha. Those arriving by train can call the hostel to have someone drive down to pick up their baggage. The scenic footpath to the castle is not long, but is rather steep.

RuneQuest - Society                  Ingo Tschinke
tschinke_at_nordwest.de                 Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
Free INT - RQSociety_at_aol.com         28325 Bremen/Germany
http://members.aol.com/rqsociety/welcome.html RQ Society discussion forum - RQSoc_at_nochet.demon.co.uk