yelm

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 14:20:18 +1300

Stephen P Martin:

>Associate Priests of Yelm join _Yelm the Elder_, not Yelm proper.

Which means very little as _all_ Priests of Yelm are members of Yelm the Elder. Even when Imperators retire, they are accepted as members of Yelm the Elder - although one wonders if this is more like forced retirement.

>I don't recall exactly what spells Yelm the Elder has access to
>from the cult write-up, but I would suggest that they _not_ have access
>to the best ones, such as Sunspear or Resurrect.

Why? This is on par with saying that people who join Yelmalio from the outside do not have access to his gifts or that people who join Orlanth from the outside are forbidden to have the Thunderbolt. Methinks the requirement of descent is but a culturalism and has no effect on what spells he may or may not learn. The first person to cast a Sunspear was a one-armed thief who was the son of a street cleaner.