Re: Cerebralism.

From: Shannon Appel <appel_at_erzo.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 1997 00:25:46 -0800

Steve:
>I really doubt that the people on this Digest are the only ones who care.
>I was not on the Digest for years, by choice, and I certainly cared,
>enough to volunteer a lot of my time helping with both RuneQuest and
>Chaosium Gloranthan releases, just about everything from River of Cradles
>on. There are a _lot_ of people who play RQ and who love Glorantha who
>are not on this Digest. With due respect, Martin, your comment in the
>above paragraph is one reason people on the Digest have been looked on as
>_elitists_ for a very long time. Don't forget that for every person who
>sees your post, there are at the very least another 100 people who play
>RQ who won't. They are the ones who are missing out on things, not us.

You either underrate how big the net is, or overrate RQ. There are 544 members of the Digest. I suppose there might be 5,440 RQ players still around, *maybe*, but I doubt there have ever been 54,400. By no means would I say the Glorantha-Digest represents either the majority or the entirety of the Glorantha/RQ community, but it sures does represent a good chunk of it.

Shannon