Re: Glorantha Digest Versus World

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 97 19:20 MET

Shannon
>You either underrate how big the net is, or overrate RQ. There are 544
>members of the Digest. I suppose there might be 5,440 RQ players still
>around, *maybe*, but I doubt there have ever been 54,400. By no means
>would I say the Glorantha-Digest represents either the majority or the
>entirety of the Glorantha/RQ community, but it sures does represent a
>good chunk of it.

You forget that the English language version of the game is the second worst publicised one around our globe (the German one being even less supported...). If you count the French print runs, you might easily get into 10,000s of RQ/Glorantha players. 54,400 might be a bit hard, but not impossible.

However, the problem with magazines is that they are hard to organize - both in production, and in getting them. This even though a tough dealer mafia exists with agents worldwide...