Re: Card Games, Holding one's breath

From: Paolo Guccione <teigupa_at_tss.tei.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 20:41:55 +0100

Sorry for the double posting, but these came out just after I had sent the last one.

Frederic J-M Moulin

> When I was in Chicago for GC IV, I asked the rep. from Chaosium about the
> futur of Glorantha, and he told me that, as of now, it appears to by tied to
> the success of the hypothetical figurine game they plan to design with an
> Italian gaming company within the next year... This does'nt give me a lot of
> hope.
> In the mean time, Chaosium is making money from other products (card games...)

As I have already suggested, the revenues of the Italian edition of "Magic", as well as Mythos, will finance the birth of the new Glorantha line. Without GCCs, there would not be enough funds to produce anything, I fear.

Andrew Joelson

> I doubt very much that Chaosium would bring out a new Gloranthan
> game without preparing at least four refernce supplements (with plot
> hooks) in advance, but they need a game system first! Don't hold your
> breath...

From my privileged observation point (Italy), I can assure you: when Mr. Ingellis, Stratelibri's chairman, says "It is going to be produced", it usually hits the shelves in large amounts and with decent artwork (no Dobyski). They have produced dozens of games in few years. And they have just reprinted the old Basic RPG from Chaosium in Italian, too. So I suggest we cast Skin of Life with Duration and hold our breath, after all.

P.S: I am not a Stratelibri employee posting illicit advertising. In fact, my gaming association does not love them very much, and there are some flaws in their first editions of CoC or Stormbringer. But definitely not like the bad service tha AH has done to Glorantha for the last years. And I bet you will love the graphic presentation.

			http://www.geco.it/~guccione

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #163