Obscure runes

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 14:24:56 +0100

I just found a print-out of the Runes TrueType Font in the dim recesses if my hard disk. I seem to have forgotten what some of these symbols represent (if I ever knew).
_

Obviously Luck (I think it's Luck - the one with two diagonal legs and a flat top) represents the picnic table at which the gods first met to plan the final fitting out of Glorantha.
_

Death represents the pogo-stick with which Grandfather Mortal was crushed to death.
_

Air represents the stomach and oesophagus of Orlanth the Belcher.
_

Undead always looked to me like a man with a bow-tie stuck in a lift door (elevator to you colonials). Perhaps this reflects the known penchant of vampires for snappy, aristocratic dress.
_

Plant represents the three-headed elves created by Aldrya after a particularly heavy session with the healing weed.
_

OK, that's the silly bit over with. Now can anyone ID some of the others for me? I'm pretty sure some of them weren't in the RQ 2 book or CoP. Can you identify the following (treat it as an impromptu quiz if you like):
_

An upwards pointing arrow?
_

A ring with a diagonal cross across it?
_

A filled-in earth rune (a solid black square)?
_

A Darkness rune with a horizontal line across it sticking out each side.
_

A (playing card type) diamond?
_

Two concentric circles?
_

A Darkness rune with a hole in the middle?
_

A diagonal cross with the outline of a (diagonally mounted) square? (sorry I can't phrase that better)
_

I this gives you hours of brain-wracking frustration my time on this earth will not have been entirely wasted.
_

Richard Crawley
richardc_at_sypte.co.uk