The Round Glorantha(attn MOB)

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:57:01 -0500 (EST)

          I've been intrigued by the notion of a round Glorantha as proposed by Michael O'Brien's "Columbus Mercator". It strikes me as a rather interesting "alt.glorantha" that would allow for a rather radically different campaign while still allowing for most of the "truths" to remain.

          I see two possiblities. In one, the universe is more or less as we "know" it, but the world is round and it not bounded by water or fire. One side is the world of the living and the other is "Hell" or what the Trolls used to call "Wonderhome". It doesn't change things much, really, and the proposed fleet to sail around the world would probably get destroyed unless crewed entirely by Heroes.

          In the other, Glorantha is a planet around the star "Yelm". The universe is much bigger than Gloranthans know. The God Time either didn't happen or the planet was once "tide locked" with one side always facing the star. Potentially, aliens could visit. The Federation Starship "Voyager" will probably visit and lose a shuttle there. :)

        While this is just my babbling, I wonder if anybody has tried such a radically different campaign. Is "Columbis Mercator" from a campaign, MOB?

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... I love breen.