Re: Obscure rune quiz

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:38:38 +0000

Richard Crawley asks about obscure runes:
> An upwards pointing arrow?

Pamalt. It represents his fertile spear.

> A ring with a diagonal cross across it?

Don't remember. Perhaps the Mostali World Machine rune. Perhaps the White Moon loonies or the Blue Moon MIBs use this.

> A filled-in earth rune (a solid black square)?

Malign Earth. See Gorgorma, Babeester Gor and Maran Gor for examples.

> A Darkness rune with a horizontal line across it sticking
> out each side.

Don't remember.

> A (playing card type) diamond?

Ice. one of the "mistake" runes.

> Two concentric circles?

Light without heat. Or is it heat without light?

> A Darkness rune with a hole in the middle?

Dunkin: Orlanth's snack. Actually, this is probably Cold.

> A diagonal cross with the outline of a (diagonally mounted)
> square? (sorry I can't phrase that better)

Dragon or Dragonnewt or something like that. Alternatively, this is the Foursquare rune.

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> A priest, a rabbi, a Penn student, and an elephant walk into a bar. The bartender says, "what is this, some kind of joke?"