Runes; MIG; etc.

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 13:34:37 -0800

I liked seeing Graeme's scenario (really campaign) ideas.

> > I hated looking up cults, and not quite remembering which supplement
> > or magazine that they were published in.
>
> Time to plug my list of cults write ups at
> http://www.kerofin.demon.co.uk/cults/

And there's also MIG, the Meints Index to Glorantha, with a pretty darned comprehensive list of cults (of course, you may need obscure references to actually read about them). I snapped up MIG at Glorantha-Con IV, so I don't know the exact purchase info, but I'm sure the Reaching Moon Megacorp folks would be happy to oblige.

Richard Crawley wondered about the following runes:
> An upwards pointing arrow?
> A ring with a diagonal cross across it?
> A filled-in earth rune (a solid black square)?
> A Darkness rune with a horizontal line across it sticking
> out each side.
> A (playing card type) diamond?
> Two concentric circles?
> A Darkness rune with a hole in the middle?
> A diagonal cross with the outline of a (diagonally mounted)
> square? (sorry I can't phrase that better)

Pamalt, I think that's a non-rune that happens to be in the font (there's a non-Xed ring right next to it on the Mac keyboard), malign Earth, Shadow, Ice (if I remember correctly), Heat, Cold, Dragon

Note that most of these are described on my Web site at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/runes.html>.