Re: Glorantha Digest V4 #165

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 05 Feb 97 04:22:28 EST

Hi All,

 In Digest V4#165 Cory asked about the House of Black Arkat in Heortland. I was slightly amazed as the two of us (UZ) must have read the same thing at the same time. However answering the question is a different matter, it depends really upon the location of the site. I personally beleive that it lies in the lands of the Kitori, a secret site which gives access to a certain few. This would support the idea that it is "Black Arkat" that is being appropriated and not just "Arkat". The Kitori are so like trolls in their outlook, and invariably worship darkness deities as well as Orlanth. The presence of Arkat worship and sorcery amongst these people may also have some relation to the existance of the Aeolian Church in Heortland, if humans can follow Darkness, Orlanth and Sorcery amongst the Kitori, without retribution then if they just drop the Darkness they become Aeolian like (IMHO)

Cheers Simon.