Chaosium

From: s.lucek_at_ic.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 97 11:37:34 +0000

Chaosium:

I think people have been unfair to Chaosium. Designing games, and writing them up as publishable material, is tough, let alone all balancing the financial difficulties! I can quite understand that there that they would be extremely cautious when working through manuscripts sent to them. Their reputation (and hence livelihood) is on the line. If someone went ahead and published a game in Glorantha which had flaws in it, then that reflects on Chaosium. Of coarse having never dealt with them what do I know?

Also it mights also be the case that the material sent in is not quite what Chaosium is looking for. Perhaps it would help if Chaosium would issue guidelines for what they envisage they need. For example, if I knew that there was a lack of playable scenarios, then I think I could have a go at a few (well lots - probably not very good though, even If I like them). If there were a few guidelines for what sort of material they were lacking, then perhaps some of us out here could help.

It was great to get an update on what Chaosium's plans where for Glorantha. It sounds great to me. I am looking forward to the new board and figure games!

Stephen Lucek.