Scenario ideas

From: s.lucek_at_ic.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 97 11:24:27 +0000

Scenario ideas:

Thanks for the scenario ideas. I enjoyed Graeme Willoughby's campaign!

My original request was for scenario ideas that reflected some fun part of Glorantha. I envisage that Glorantha should be introduced through scenarios, rather than hand outs - which players seem to find boring (something beyond my comprehension!).

Pam's idea was great. The response of the clan, banishing someone for 'unluck', despite the fact they had selflessly taken on the curse for the good of the clan, was really different to one you might expect from many of todays cultures. That feeling of exotic strangeness (long long ago and far far away) of the culture must lead to great role playing fun.

Of late, I have been having rather a lot of scenario ideas myself. That bit I have not been finding difficult. Ideas that fill details about the background culture is more difficult. I must admit that I had always assumed Tales of the Reaching Moon had such a small number of scenarios because they were rather looked down upon as publishable material! So David Hall, be prepared for a few (probably all rubbish).

So again the call. Any scenario ideas that reflect on your favourite aspect of glorantha?

Background:
Another successful way of introducing background might be through stories. If I ever get around to refereeing in Glorantha, each session will involve a story. For beginning players probably starting with passages from the mythology presented in King Of Sartar.

Stephen Lucek.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #172